01 October 2007

I want that baby! I think I got the best one!

Besides, they've got more than they can handle, right? So these were the words running through my brain when I went to visit the orphanage at which my school club (that I sponsor) visits twice a month. The main purpose of the project is to teach the big kids how to be caring and aware of those less fortunate. But I've got Holly Hunter's voice telling me to go back in there and get me one of them babies!

Yeah, I got all that 'help the poor' cred already. No one can say I haven't helped out with some of the poorest folks around. But did you see how cute they are? Isn't it time they started giving back? The little guy in the white shirt didn't leave my side the whole visit. And I like to imagine that some time down the road, people will stop me and say 'aw, he has your eyes!'

Yeah, and I could raise him in Arizona. I do like Scottsdale, mind you.

No, I'm not totally off my rocker, but it was fun for a day, and will be fun to go back in a couple of weeks. And get to know all of them better, spread a little knowledge and some treats. Try to make the bigger kids learn a little something, open their eyes and all.

0 comments:

Other blogs and sites of interest