25 September 2007

Readers' Poll, or obsessive compulsive episode--you decide!


So you've probably read how I've been painting / nesting / whatever you want to call it. Because the whole apartment is a light gray and the carpet in the hall is dark blue, at first I tried painting this entry hall wall a dark gunmetal blue/gray. Of course, it didn't come out gunmetal gray, but a bright cobalt blue. It looked good, but it wasn't what I wanted, and I didn't think it would 'go' with the rest of the colors. Under peer pressure, I decided to repaint the wall red, which would add excitement, yet combine with both the blue carpet and the existing gray. So I painted. Again. And this is what I got. It looks okay in the photo, but it is really more rusty than a true red. I don't think it goes with the gray at all. Here is a photo of the living room, just beyond the reddish wall. I guess the rug sort of brings the rusty color in, but I just don't know what to think.

Here is a photo of the two colors together: you can see with the flash the more orange nature of the red hall wall. Just to the left is the living room, and you can see a tiny bit of the dark dining room (also light gray). What do you think of the two colors together?


Today I also painted my bedroom a cafe-au-lait color, which looks really cozy. My question is this: Should I have carried the color all the way up to the ceiling? You can't really tell, but there is a piece of molding just where the white begins. The gray paint stops there in all the other rooms. I know I need a headboard and some art and stuff, but it looks okay with the rug. And probably even with the rusty-red, but what about with the gray? It's far enough away not to matter, but does the upper part of the wall look funny?


So thanks for all the help. I think maybe I'm obsessing. I don't want to paint anymore, but I think I'm going to have to! Just to get a true red (maybe the color of the pillow shams?), and maybe the top part of the bedroom walls. Help me, because I obviously can't help myself!


----------------
Now playing: Snoop Dogg - Step Yo Game Up
via FoxyTunes

0 comments:

Other blogs and sites of interest