24 June 2007

One Big Eye

The Horror! I woke up a couple of days ago with one big pink crusty eye. That's right, Pink Eye! (I don't know where I got it, but I'm blaming it on that money grubbing dentist). It hurt, and was itchy and I feel like a monster.

I called the doctor, and the nurse said to me in all seriousness, "if it doesn't get any better [after taking the prescription drops], then go immediately to urgent care." Is my eye going to fall out? Am I really supposed to go to the emergency room? Am I qualified to determine my own medical condition? It freaked me out a little.

And I couldn't help remember what happened to Mary Ingalls when she got the fever in her eyes. She went blind, but eventually got over herself and had a successful career opening a blind school with husband Adam. Which was fine for the prairie, but I don't want to open a blind school!

I'm treating it like any other illness--I got movies and magazines, and some treats, and I just sort of lie around and complain to anyone who'll listen. I've been walking around with a cloth and the disinfectant, cleaning everything that I've touched, looked at, or thought about in the last few days. This place has never looked better! I'm also brushing up on my braille, just in case.


0 comments:

Other blogs and sites of interest