24 April 2008

Well, there's been a change...



I don't want to be one of those crazy dog-bloggers, so this will be the last post about the puppies...unless of course they do something extraordinarily cute, pass a major developmental hurdle, or something else equally interesting to the general public. Right.

So, the latest news is that there has been a small change in the naming protocol. The girl pup is still Dalila (pronounced in the Spanish way, da-lee-la) often shortened to Lila (lee-la).

The boy pup has turned out to be at the top of the weight range for the breed, and is generally dumber, less aggressive (although cuter) than Lila. So, he has become Samson (English pronunciation, shortened to Sam).

So there they are Sam & Lila. Most people asked me why I didn't name him Samson as soon as they learned Dalila's name. I had no good answer, so I changed it.

Not that their names make much difference, they don't listen anyway. But now that they have their documents from the vet, it's official at least.

This week has been fun (lots of fun for them) and tiring (for all of us). I'm trying to get them on a schedule of sleepings, feedings and poopings, but of course they have different ideas. I'm still not walking them on the street because they haven't finished getting their vaccinations. Which makes the house training a little more fun.

But they're sweet, and cute, and it's been less than a week since they've come to live with me, so I suppose they'll keep learning, and things will get easier and easier.

0 comments:

Other blogs and sites of interest