10 September 2007

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

So, after the dogs and painting on Saturday, Sunday was also pretty cool. First, I woke up early and did stuff around the house, but then went to el Jardin del Arte, a big market of, for, and by artists. They sell paintings, sculptures, photos, and also canvases, paints, brushes, frames, etc. At the back they also sell fruits and vegetables, and raw meat. Anything an artist could want!

Some of the art was really cool! Some was of dolphins and whales. But I met this really cool old (85--he told me) photographer who had years and years of photos. He'd shot Diego Rivera, and some other historical/famous people, and would tell stories about all the pictures, all the while with a big cigar hanging out of his mouth. I wish I had taken his photo! But he wanted 1,000 pesos for each one. Way out of my price range. As was just about everything else there, except the fruit and meat.

But as I was walking back, Cristina (another friend/coworker) called and asked if I wanted to go get martinis. Of course I said yes! But these weren't any ordinary martinis. They were made with absynthe, which may or may not be illegal in the U.S. We couldn't decide, and didn't ask or research, so we agreed to think that it is illegal there.

We kept waiting to have hallucinations, or something, but they just did us like normal martinis. They were tasty, though, with watermelon juice and something else. No hallucinations.

But the fun didn't stop there! As we were finishing our non-hallucinogenic drinks, another friend (Amy) called and invited us to her house to see the MTV video music awards. So we went, with the main purposes being 1. look at some JT. 2. Laugh, but also feel a little bad for, Britney. Poor thing. As they say in the south "God love her..." with the unspoken "...nobody else will!"

And that's all I want to say about that.


----------------
Now playing: Dinah Washington - Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby? -Rae&Christian Remix-
via FoxyTunes

0 comments:

Other blogs and sites of interest